I don't have much to write today just because I forgot my notepad in my bag, which I put in the coatroom in the Residenz museum. I'll still start from the very beginning:
I started my day at 7:30 am in order to get my laundry done. So far, it's been the least favourite part of my trip just because I personally think it's a colossal waste of time when you're on vacation. You could be exploring or meeting new people, but no, you are sitting on top of a washer for 45 minutes.
I got to the Residenz at about 10:15 am. I took tons of photos, but I think some things to highlight are large halls in the palace. One of the first rooms I went through was the Antiquarium. The visit proceeded up to the second level, where many were rooms of the same style and looked exactly the same to me. For instance, all the "stone rooms" look the same to me. Other highlights include the ancestral gallery, where portraits of family members of kept.
After the main Residenz museum, I went to see the Treasury, which contained some of the most precious pieces that were secured through secularization of church property, royal commission, or import. There were only 10 rooms, so it wasn't very long and I left for lunch at 2pm. I thought it was just going time be a normal lunch, but I was sure wrong. A guy approached me asking of I were a Canucks fan. We had a brief talk because I had to finish the theatre and a few other things.
With that, I set off towards the Cuvillies Theatre, which turned out to be beautiful, but short. I took a brief walk in the palace gardens, and headed off to Asimkirche. The church is a nice small church in the same walls of other buildings. It doesn't look like much, but the inside is amazing. Unlike a Catholic church, it is very dark inside, with few windows. Take a look at the photos and I'm sure you'll understand.
I went back for a few more beers with the Canucks fan and we shared some stories with and Scottish dudes on vacation. Apparently they have around 40 days of paid vacation in a year. Jelly. I think we crashed a bachelor party, because there were a whole bunch of guys in football Jerseys, with the groom being in a different colour. The Bavarians are certainly inclusive, as I was able to have some broken conversations with them in English.
What's interesting is that people sold small shot-like drinks on the street for charity. The Germans like to do a thing where they put the cap of the drink on their nose before taking the shot, resulting in my miserable failure with my stubby Asian nose. It was fun to drink with Germans though.
Anyways, the local Irish-German dude introduced me to his bar where I can get some decent Bavarian food for dinner. I was pretty full from beer, but needed something in my stomache, so I had their ravioli. You can tell the guy was a regular because he had a metal plaque where his seat was with his name engraved on it. Impressive.
I got home before 10, as I need to board the train to Venice tomorrow, so I gotta get packed. Enjoy the photos and goodbye, Germany!
LOL SO BADASS CRASHING A PARTY. I APPROVE
ReplyDelete